Fort Aguada and its lighthouse is a well-preserved seventeenth-century Portuguese fort standing in Goa, India, on Sinquerim Beach, overlooking the Arabian Sea. The fort was constructed in 1613 to guard against the Dutch and the Marathas. It was a reference point for the vessels coming from Europe at that time. The fort is so large that it envelops the entire peninsula at the south western tip of Bardez.
The exquisite wooden statue of Mae De Deus is a beautiful example of Goan workmanship painted in golden colour. This wooden statue was originally from the Mae De Deus Church of Daujim-Old Goa and was taken ceremoniously in a decorated boat across the Mandovi River to Betim, and in a flower bedecked bullock cart over to Pilerne.
SHANTA DURGA TEMPLE
The most famous temple of Goa, holds a special place in the heart of every Goan Hindu and also in Goans as a whole. Local legends tell of a battle between Shiva and Vishnu - The battle was so fierce that Brahma prayed to Parvati to intervene, she did this by assuming the form of Shantadurga. Goddess Shantadurga placed Vishnu on her right hand and Shiva on her left and thus settled the fight.. The deity of Shantadurga is shown as holding 2 serpents, one in each hand, representing Vishnu and Shiva